Wednesday, August 20, 2008

American Teen

Date Seen: Tue Jul 29, 2008
Theatre: Loews Boston Common - Boston, MA
** PRESS PREVIEW **

I was skeptic as to whether I was watching a scripted mocumentary or a true documentary throughout the film as I had only seen a quick trailer previous to this screening and had not read anything about it. When the credits rolled and I discovered each teen played themselves, the wave of realism of the movie struck me. The decision to give up one's virginity to only be broken up with by text message the next night is a huge punch to the gut and heart. The geek to gold plot vein could not have been better if written. The trailer gave me great interest in this movie and the seniors of Warsaw Community High School hit this one out of the park. Be sure to stay through the credits.

No comments: