Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Date Seen: Sat Aug 2, 2008
Theatre: Capitol Theatre - Arlington, MA

I should have known what I was getting into and should have just suspended my beliefs to just sit back and enjoy this classic of a summer movie. This would have worked except for the continued blatant disregard to laws of physics and plot line. I thought I could even excuse it in my very wet condition from the pouring rain that day.

Unfortunately, none can excuse the following plot mishaps:

- Rock that will not hold a 12 year old will hold up under a T-Rex.
- A carnivorous T-Rex living by itself miles under the Earth all these eons
- People falling miles down a hole to be cushioned on their landing by gracefully hitting the water below.
- Getting out of said water and pulling out a exceptional dry book to read.
- A mountain guide who has nearly 5 miles of rope in her bag.

Did I forget to mention the sentient glowing guide bird?

No comments: